- Unlocking Profit Potential: Your Organization's Guide to Social Entrepreneurship
This eBook developed in conjunction with BoardSource, provides a guide for nonprofit boards and management to better understand social entrepreneurship and strategically assess earned income business ventures. Its 59 pages provide useful tips and tools ...
(toolkit/manual, document (pdf), 2002)
- Eco Farm Mavrovic: Leading by Example – From Boxing to Organic Food Production Champion
Eco Farm Mavrović Ltd. is a small enterprise located in one of most war affected areas in Croatia that started with a clear vision to change the public perception of health through organic food production and consumption. Eco Farm Mavrović is an organic ...
(case/model, text, 2010)
- Sadia Program for Sustainable Swine Production (3S Program): Bringing Sustainability to the Supply Chain
Sadia’s Program for Sustainable Swine Production (3S program) was designed to assist more than 3,500 swine producers in reducing greenhouse gas emissions from their farm operations. Developed and managed by the Sadia Sustainability Institute, the 3S ...
(case/model, text, 2008)
- Success Without Succession? Reflections on the Building and Sustaining of Social Enterprise
Inner City Development Inc. was established in the summer of 2002 to provide good jobs to people in Winnipeg’s inner city who live in poverty and who are marginalized by systemic discrimination. For more than four years, they have survived in the ...
(case/model, text, 2007)
- Case Studies in Social Enterprise: Counterpart International's Experience
Through four in-depth case studies in Ukraine, this series highlights the beneficial impact of social enterprises on the non-profit sector, families and communities. These projects were developed and implemented by Counterpart under a grant from the U.S. ...
(case/model, text, 2002)
- The Sustainability Formula: How Nonprofit Organizations Can Thrive in the Emerging Economy
The size of a nonprofit's operating budget is not necessarily the best metric for determining its sustainability. This couldn't be more apparent in the current economic climate where many nonprofits have to make tough decisions about cutting ...
- Organizational Sustainability Assessment Tool
This self-assessment tool can help demonstrate how a social enterprise is building different ‘capitals' (human capital, organizational capital, financial capital, social capital, intellectual capital) that are important to the long term sustainability ...